SMT Operator, (2nd Shift)
1:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have an SMT Operator opening at Career Technologies-USA in Chatsworth.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our diverse team strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for our customers, shareholders, and employees through our commitment to:
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Continuous Improvement
- Innovative Solutions
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
An SMT operator monitors and maintains equipment used to create electronic circuits with surface mount technology. The primary functions involve operating an SMT machine to mount electronic components directly onto circuit boards.
- Responsible for set-up, operations, and adjustment of surface mount equipment.
- Operates pick and place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, AOI inspection, x-ray, and technical device cleaning machines.
- Mount components such as transformers, resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits sockets on panels or print circuit boards.
- Monitors/maintains equipment to meet company standards.
- Comply with company’s standards of ESD, IPC-a-610, work instruction and ISO procedures and company policies.
- Knowledge of production processes using SMT equipment and knowledge of IPC electronic components identification.
- Excellent work habits including good attendance, team player
- Ability to read and write English
- Willing and able to work different shifts, weekends as needed and overtime.
- Strong understanding of technical documentation and processes.
- Work independent with minimal guidance.
- Able to use a computer without assistance
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years’ experience with SMT machines/equipment.
- Experience with PCB manufacturing or electronic assembly.
- Experience using My 300lx and 200lx pick and place, DEK, AOI and X-ray.
- Must be able to use both hands with fine dexterity.
- Repetitive motion of wrists, hands and fingers.
- Must have vision (with or without assistance) capable of seeing small objects at a close distance.
- Must be able to accurately place small objects in the appropriate location.
- Must be able to stand for entire work-shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs, squat and kneel. Must be able to push, pull, carry and grasp. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
This position must pass post offer background check. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.