Fralock Benefits and HR Operations Manager
Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have a Benefits and HR Operations Manager opening in Valencia, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
In this role, you will partner with our HR VP and the HR team to develop strategy, philosophies, programs, and incentives to enable the business to attract, retain and motivate their people. This role will report to the VP of HR and will be responsible for management of Benefits, 401k, Workers Compensation, Leave of Absence, and Performance Management programs.
Typical Duties – Benefits
- Design and implement benefits practices to attract and retain our workforce
- Communicate our benefits packages to employees, candidates, and leadership
- Manage vendor relationships on benefit offerings and drive improvements in all relevant metrics
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously involving various locations and vendors
- Lead ongoing vendor management and administration of various benefit programs
- Closely collaborate with Talent Acquisition, Human Resources Business Partners, and HR Generalists
- Partners with payroll department to ensure accuracy of benefit deductions
- Manage day to day operations for all compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures
- Administers employee benefit programs, such as group medical, dental, vision, life, accident, disability, voluntary/supplemental benefits, and 401(k) plan
- Responds to benefits inquiries on plan provisions, claim issues, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, CFRA and FMLA
- Leads the annual open enrollment process including participation in plan reviews, plan decisions, and managing employee communications including employee information presentations.
- Works closely with TPA’s and record keepers on testing, reporting, and 5500’s filing.
- Assists with ad hoc reports and projects as needed (i.e. annual open enrollment, ACA filing).
- Manages the reconciliation and audit billing process for all bills related to benefits.
- Manages ACA filing and compliance.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of all legally required documents (e.g., summary plan descriptions, plan notices).
- Monitors federal and state regulations concerning benefits administration in partnership with Legal to ensure compliance.
Typical Duties – HR Operations
- Documentation for the People Operations processes, workflows and maintain current policies
- Maintain records, report on, and coordinate HIPAA required training, as necessary
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review handbooks, guidelines, and best practices to maintain compliance
- Support and contribute to HR Metrics and Analytics alongside HR Team members
- Overseeing Performance management process co-wide with close collaboration of HR Team
- Ability to multitask with multiple projects, supporting multiple offices in Northern and Southern CA
- Experience creating and working with large data sets. Creating efficient and accurate spreadsheet-based analysis for deployment of programs
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time, sometimes with little notice
- Communication skills and experience handling sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy
- Experience interacting with all levels of a professional organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy and experience maintaining confidentiality
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine the appropriate action
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Process improvement experience
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consultative and influencing skills
- Project management and change management skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Unwavering ethical standards with impeccable discretion and integrity when handling confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree, and 10+ years work experience in a Benefits and/or Operations role
- Extensive CA experience is a must, Multi-state experience a plus
- Knowledge of federal and state disability laws, specifically, ADA and FMLA
- Experience recognizing legal risk associated with certain issues and cases