Full Time + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match, PTO)
Job Type: Onsite
Schedule: Day Shift
Salary Range: $17.50-$19.50 per hour DOE
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Fralock is an engineered solutions provider of specialty components and subassemblies using advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications. We develop and manufacture custom integrated solutions. Established in 1967, we are a critical solutions provider to Fortune 500 corporations, government, and targeted OEMs in a variety of industries including Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing, Medical and Life Science, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Electronics, and Energy. Fralock is headquartered in Valencia, CA with manufacturing locations located throughout Northern and Southern California.
To be recognized by our customers as a leading solutions provider of proprietary engineered advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications.
To create value, profitably grow, and share our success with all stakeholders.
- Respect – We treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Integrity – We practice a high standard of ethics in our business dealings with customers, suppliers and employees.
- Responsiveness – We have a sense of urgency in responding to internal and external requests, and work proactively to solve problems.
- Excellence/Competence – We empower our people to continuously improve and execute high quality work.
- Teamwork – We work together to achieve Fralock business objectives by communicating at a high level, by listening and having clarity in our expectations of one another.
- Individual Accountability and Personal Responsibility – We do what we have committed to do when we committed to doing it.
- Continuous Improvement across all segments of the company
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
Automated optical inspection operators (AOI operators) operate automated optical inspection machines to inspect assembled printed circuit boards. They read blueprints and inspect the finished or in-process PCB assemblies for flaws or defects.
- Interprets work instructions to determine programs, times, speeds, materials, etc. to use for each product, as directed.
- Maintains cleanliness of area by following all requirements and regular housekeeping procedures.
- Inspects all panels for both quality and accuracy compared to the travelers.
- Operate LDI and Exposure units as needed and use travelers and MPs to direct activities.
- Operate and maintain the various pieces of equipment within the department.
- Inspects own work for compliance to instructions and quality of work.
- Safety procedures strictly adhered to within the area in which you are working.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Assist other employees as directed by supervisor.
- Report to supervisor any issues with equipment to determine path forward.
- Ensure equipment is in proper operating condition before use.
- Both individually and within a team setting, participates in continuous improvement (CI) efforts for efficiency, quality, and safety, to include offering suggestions, ideas, and support wherever possible.
- Works both independently and in teams for cross-training and project purposes.
- Assists in training and mentoring peers as needed.
- Reading comprehension: Interpreting written information such as technical reports, manuals, layups, work instructions, written directions/warnings.
- Writing: Involves preparing information or documents such as nonconformance reports, technical reports, and shift hand-offs.
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
- Basic Mathematics
- Proficient with MS Office, including Outlook
- Comprehension: Understanding direction and adhering to established procedures.
- Knowledge and use of basic measuring devices (Rulers, Tape Measures, Calipers, Micrometers)
- Basic knowledge and use of hand-tools (scissors, wrench, screwdriver, knife)
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people in a collaborative manner
- Previous Photo/Etch experience a plus
- Knowledgeable of AS9100 requirements, Lean Manufacturing, experience in Quality inspection and materials handling.
- 2+ years work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires using hands and fingers with dexterity.
- Repetitive movement.
- Must have vision (with or without assistance) capable of seeing small objects at a close distance.
- Prolonged standing for most of working shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Fralock provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.