Chemical Process Engineer
Full Time + Benefits
Fralock is a rapidly growing, well-established manufacturing company, headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley that has a 50-year history of excellence. Due to recent expansion, we have a Chemical Process Engineer opening in Chatsworth, CA.
We are looking for people who exemplify strong work ethics, values, dedication, and character that thrive in a fast-paced environment, which is focused on exploring and developing the next generation technology while offering opportunities for advancement.
We offer Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday, 401K (after 1 month of employment), annual bonus program (conditions apply), Medical/Vision/Dental coverage growth opportunities, training assistance programs and many more!
If you are still reading… Check this out!
Culture Vision: Our results-driven team strives to deliver extraordinary outcomes through our passionate commitment to each other, collaboration, courage and innovation
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Chemical Process Engineer will manage daily operations, monitoring chemical processes throughout production. This individual will also conduct research for process improvements, develop systems, tools and standard operating procedures (SOP) for the chemical process area. The Chemical Process Engineer will be responsible for root cause analysis of this area as well as quality and performance. This key hire of the Engineering team will report to the Process Engineer Manager; all while working and collaborating closely with R&D engineers, Leadership, and other necessary departments across Fralock to ensure the overall success of growing business at Fralock.
- Monitor all chemical operations
- Ensure all safety procedures are enforced and followed
- Evaluate equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Be the contact point and support in timely manner manufacturing to analyze root cause, propose and implement corrective actions (immediate, and longer-term) and document any manufacturing out of specifications problem reported by manufacturing operation (operator, supervisors, managers)
- Troubleshoot problems with manufacturing processes within the chemical operations area
- Ability to provide ROI analysis of alternate methods, processes, or equipment, and create executive summaries
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support production
- Responsible for improving and troubleshooting existing manufacturing processes
- Research new and existing equipment/ machines to check for the functionality and feasibility of customer part manufacturing
- Work on projects that will reduce lead times, and internal manufacturing costs, and will improve process control and yield.
- Lead realization of work instructions and training.
- Work within QA/QC procedures with an ability to understand their scope and application, as well as waiver documentation and procedures
- Demonstrated process engineering and development skills in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to apply chemical engineering principles and theory
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of statistical process control, design of experiments, process development
- Self-motivated, results and action-oriented, and a strong team player
- A hands-on aptitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Process Engineering knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100 or ISO 13485
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in PCB, FPC industry a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.