IT Support Technician
Full Time + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match, PTO)
Job Type: Onsite
Salary Range: $28.00-$33.00 per hour
Location: Valencia / Chatsworth
Fralock is an engineered solutions provider of specialty components and subassemblies using advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications. We develop and manufacture custom integrated solutions. Established in 1967, we are a critical solutions provider to Fortune 500 corporations, government, and targeted OEMs in a variety of industries including Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing, Medical and Life Science, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Electronics, and Energy. Fralock is headquartered in Valencia, CA with manufacturing locations located throughout Northern and Southern California.
To be recognized by our customers as a leading solutions provider of proprietary engineered advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications.
To create value, profitably grow, and share our success with all stakeholders.
- Respect – We treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Integrity – We practice a high standard of ethics in our business dealings with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Responsiveness – We have a sense of urgency in responding to internal and external requests and work proactively to solve problems.
- Excellence/Competence – We empower our people to continuously improve and execute high quality work.
- Teamwork – We work together to achieve Fralock business objectives by communicating at a high level, by listening and having clarity in our expectations of one another.
- Individual Accountability and Personal Responsibility – We do what we have committed to do when we committed to doing it.
- Continuous Improvement across all segments of the company
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
As the company’s level one support for both remote and onsite customers you will need to bring your time management and customer experience focus to work with you daily. You will be the first line of support for all networking, PC, Laptop, application issues and will be required to either resolve them or work collaboratively with the greater organization to see the issue through to conclusion. Through your strong communication skills, you will keep the end users updated on their issues as well as documenting problems through our ITSM system. If you are not afraid of variety of technical challenges then this is the role for you.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user laptop/desktop PC issues.
- PC/Laptop Repair including cloning hard drives and hardware diagnosis.
- Set up new computers and user accounts in a domain environment.
- Administer existing Active Directory Environments
- Configure and deploy Printers / MFPs
- Administer maintenance activities such as patching.
- Report computer issues to vendor support, working through diagnostics and implementing the solution.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all information.
- Diagnose and resolve user software issues, printing, email, internet, wireless and local area network access problems.
- Coordinate timely repair of equipment remotely or onsite as needed.
- Ability to prioritize service tickets by urgency.
- General assistance with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Troubleshoot various types of client specific software.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues, in person and remotely.
- Provide efficient and timely resolutions to customer support cases.
- Additional duties as required.
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Excellent reading & writing
- Basic math skills
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Ability to accurately track time and services performed during the course of the day through ITSM system.
- Ability to write knowledge base articles documenting problem resolution.
- Willingness to work overtime, afterhours, and weekends as required by the task or project at hand
- Two to five (2-5) years of experience in Manufacturing Technical Services, Technical Support, or similar preferred
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- CompTIA Certifications preferred.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Business, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems desired.
- Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. for duties (i.e., delivering computers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment).
- Mostly sitting
- Compiling, Gathering & Analyzing Data
- Coordinating & Prioritizing
- Communicating with internal teams/departments, customers, and venders.
- Occasional Travel: driver’s license, insurance, & acceptable driving record
All offers of employment at Fralock are contingent upon clear results of a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following depending on job title and responsibilities:
- Social Security Verification
- Prior Employment Verification
- Criminal History
- Personal and Professional References
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Credit History
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Fralock provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.