Accounts Receivable Specialist
Full Time + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match, PTO)
Job Type: Onsite
Salary Range: $24.00 - $26.00 Hourly DOE
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Fralock is an engineered solutions provider of specialty components and subassemblies using advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications. We develop and manufacture custom integrated solutions. Established in 1967, we are a critical solutions provider to Fortune 500 corporations, government, and targeted OEMs in a variety of industries including Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing, Medical and Life Science, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Electronics, and Energy. Fralock is headquartered in Valencia, CA with manufacturing locations located throughout Northern and Southern California.
To be recognized by our customers as a leading solutions provider of proprietary engineered advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications.
To create value, profitably grow, and share our success with all stakeholders.
- Respect – We treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Integrity – We practice a high standard of ethics in our business dealings with customers, suppliers and employees.
- Responsiveness – We have a sense of urgency in responding to internal and external requests, and work proactively to solve problems.
- Excellence/Competence – We empower our people to continuously improve and execute high quality work.
- Teamwork – We work together to achieve Fralock business objectives by communicating at a high level, by listening and having clarity in our expectations of one another.
- Individual Accountability and Personal Responsibility – We do what we have committed to do when we committed to doing it.
- Continuous Improvement across all segments of the company
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for maintaining customer receivable accounts and records in good order by issuing invoices, credit memos, and posting cash receipts on a timely basis. This includes following up with customers who are delinquent in their payments, posting cash receipts to their account, and maintaining customer credit files. The Accounts Receivable specialist is the liaison between the company and the customer for all issues related to billing and credit. This position ensures that customer payments are received and applied in a timely manner. In addition, accounts are monitored for potential credit issues to prevent the company from suffering losses due to our customer's financial issues.
- Enter all new customer accounts into M2M (Made 2 Manage) and Goldmine
- Maintain customer resale cards
- Monitor customer accounts and place customers on credit hold according to company policy
- Make daily collection calls/e-mails and submit daily call report sheet to Controller/CFO
- Post all cash receipts and daily bank deposits
- Submit credit memo requests to Controller/CFO (may require interaction with sales and QA)
- Send final demand letters when necessary and file paperwork for small claims court when necessary.
- Archiving of physical files and documents
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. This position communicates with multiple departments internally. The most common interaction is with CSR’s, Outside Sales personnel, and shipping. Communication is both written and verbal and normally pertains to customer credit issues and credit holds. This position also contacts our customers directly via e-mail and telephone daily. Typical customer contacts include Client's accounts payable and purchasing departments.
- Must work well with all personality types and be able to develop positive customer relationships
- Must have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and maintain careful attention to detail
- Leadership, workflow organization, and inter-office coordination skills
- Experience with Made 2 Manage software or other comprehensive manufacturing software
- Experience with filing suit in small claims court
- 2+ years in an Accounts Receivable role
- High School Diploma – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
All offers of employment at Fralock are contingent upon clear results of a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following depending on job title and responsibilities:
- Social Security Verification
- Prior Employment Verification
- Criminal History
- Personal and Professional References
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Credit History
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Fralock provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.