Strategic Account Manager - Medical
Full Time + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match, PTO)
Job Type: Remote/35% Travel Required
Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00
Fralock is an engineered solutions provider of specialty components and subassemblies using advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications. We develop and manufacture custom integrated solutions. Established in 1967, we are a critical solutions provider to Fortune 500 corporations, government, and targeted OEMs in a variety of industries including Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing, Medical and Life Science, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Electronics, and Energy. Fralock is headquartered in Valencia, CA with manufacturing locations located throughout Northern and Southern California.
To be recognized by our customers as a leading solutions provider of proprietary engineered advanced materials for high reliability, severe environment, and technically challenging applications.
To create value, profitably grow, and share our success with all stakeholders.
Respect – We treat others the way they want to be treated.
Integrity – We practice a high standard of ethics in our business dealings with customers, suppliers and employees.
Responsiveness – We have a sense of urgency in responding to internal and external requests, and work proactively to solve problems.
Excellence/Competence – We empower our people to continuously improve and execute high quality work.
Teamwork – We work together to achieve Fralock business objectives by communicating at a high level, by listening and having clarity in our expectations of one another.
Individual Accountability and Personal Responsibility – We do what we have committed to do when we committed to doing it.
Continuous Improvement across all segments of the company.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
The Strategic Account Manager develops, maintains, and expands relationships with key accounts and is accountable for achieving assigned strategic objectives. This role represents the entire range of company products and services to the targeted accounts level while ensuring that customer needs and expectations are met or exceeded. The position requires technical aptitude in the areas of materials, manufacturing, applications, and market trends. Additionally, the role requires collaboration with internal colleagues and the management of Opportunities (i.e., Projects) at various stages of the product life cycle. Total engagement with the account during the sales cycle while drawing upon necessary resources to properly support customers. Managing the B2B relationships as required (vendors, customers, representatives, etc.)
- Supporting customer's engineering departments on both new and existing opportunities (projects).
- Making sales calls to promote Fralock's capabilities/offerings and making technical presentations.
- Developing new contacts with the customer and recording their contact information in our CRM system. Gathering of Requirement Definitions to facilitate the Design Development process.
- Preparation of quotation materials (SalesForce, PPW, M2M/CPQ Quote, etc.) to generate a quote/proposal.
- Assist with project/program management as needed to help foster our value pricing initiative.
- Support marketing activities such as trade shows, LinkedIn, email campaign write-up requests, etc.
- Obtain pertinent information regarding new applications, including Requirements Definition(s).
- Increase revenue through the development of new business (new parts, new customers, cross-selling of various solutions across Fralock. product groups).
- Increase application knowledge to improve problem-solving capabilities.
- Prepare reports & presentations including but not limited to (sales and revenue forecasts, bookings forecasts, customer mapping as well as customer development projections, etc.).
- Responsible for developing relationships up and down the 'food chain" in engineering, purchasing, supply chain, management, and executives who influence the sales and decision-making process.
- Active involvement in the quotation, product development [Design & Development], and sampling activities.
- And, other related functions that support customer intimacy, customer satisfaction and business development.
- Strong salesmanship skills
- Knowledgeable of relevant product development processes and activities
- Strong industry contacts and working knowledge with OEMs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PPT, SalesForce)
- "Engineered Solution" selling experience.
- Professional business acumen
- Proficient with CRM software
- Strong level of mechanical aptitude
- Project management skills
- Must be able to travel on an as-needed basis
- Recording of customer feedback
- Ability to penetrate complex organizations that may have multiple site locations.
- Familiar with Salesforce
- Working knowledge with major OEMs
- Previously sold one or more of the following products: Flexible Multilayer Laminates and die-cut parts (films, foils, elastomers, polymers, and adhesives), flexible circuits, rigid flex circuits, electronics manufacturing services, heaters and flexible cables, active ceramics, structural ceramic.
- Customer engineered solutions
- Miller Heiman Sales Methodology
- 10+ years in a Technical Sales environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or similar)
- Trade show set/dismantle requiring some lifting (up to 35 lbs.)
All offers of employment at Fralock are contingent upon clear results of a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following depending on job title and responsibilities:
- Social Security Verification
- Prior Employment Verification
- Criminal History
- Personal and Professional References
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Credit History
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Fralock provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.